(Sending this again as auditions for "Turn of the Screw" are this Thursday)
Two great and challenging opportunities are coming up for boys (with unchanged/treble voices): a solo role in UW Opera's "Turn of the Screw" and a trio in Madison Opera's "The Magic Flute".
UW OPERA: TURN OF THE SCREW (Benjamin Britten)
Auditions are Thursday, November 17, beginning at 4:30pm in the UW-Madison Humanities building.
- Rehearsals: Tuesday/Wednesday evenings, 6-10pm (boys will be released earlier) from January 17-February 22, 2017
- Tech rehearsals: Feb 25 (all day/evening), Feb 26 (2-5pm)
- Sitzprobe (sing-through): Feb 26 (6-10pm)
- Dress rehearsals: Feb 27, 28, March 1 (7-10:30pm)
- Performances: March 3 (7:30pm), March 5(3pm), March 7 (7:30pm)
MADISON OPERA: THE MAGIC FLUTE (W. A. Mozart)
Auditions are Monday, January 16, 3-5pm at Westgate. We'll have information about what to prepare later this semester.
- Rehearsal schedule is still in flux, but will be many weeknights + Saturday/Sunday rehearsals beginning April 1
- Performances April 21 and 23, 2017
- Note that many rehearsals will occur over MMSD spring break.
Any MYC boy is eligible to audition for either opportunity.
How to audition?
1. Look over the rehearsal and performance schedule, noting any conflicts
2. Let Mike know by replying to this email (you can indicate interest in either opera)
3. Prepare the audition excerpt, and come sing for us!