We will soon be in the process of organizing "family groups" for the Scotland trip and would like your input on whether leading the family group in which your son is placed is important to you and/or to your son. Thank you for discussing this with him and letting us know your response by Monday, May 20.
Some things to consider before you reply:
- Each family group will include 4-5 singers led by one chaperone.
- Family groups will serve as the "check-in" point whenever we are moving about and will be the primary way in which we organize and dispense information each day. Family groups are NOT roommates as each participant is assigned their own room.
- Singers will be expected to listen to and follow the directions given by their chaperone.
- Family groups will travel together on the same flights to the extent possible. As a reminder, everyone is on the same trans-Atlantic flight but we split into two groups for the Amsterdam to Aberdeen leg (a very short flight).
- Singers will generally NOT be confined to their family groups--there will be plenty of opportunity to interact with everyone on the trip--but they will need to interact regularly with their chaperone as their primary source of information and direction.
- single rooms will be assigned in the same hallway by family groups (to the extent possible).
We will be finalizing the groups next week in preparation for ticketing by May 25.
Please let us know your preference by Monday, May 20 by completing the short form linked below. Thank you!