Next Season With MYC
Today was a big day! Emails were sent this afternoon to all current MYC families with singer ensemble placement, a request to complete a Google form indicating interest (or not) in MYC for next season, along with a few details about how we're planning in these interesting times.
In case you haven't opened that email yet, we've summarized all the information below except your singer's placement. (You'll want to find the email in your inbox for that info!)
- We don’t yet know what our fall rehearsal options will look like exactly but we are planning for a number of possibilities, including meeting together in some way if the science and the public health directives support that option. There are myriad considerations and we’re paying attention to all of them in the interest of keeping everyone in our community healthy and our MYC community connected and engaged.
- A large part of our planning centers upon estimating our enrollment numbers across each ensemble and this is where we need your help. We’ve prepared a very short response form to measure your interest in returning to MYC and would appreciate your timely reply. The form will take less than one minute to complete and is NOT a commitment to return. It’s simply a way for us to begin measuring the size of our ensembles--something that will be critically important to assess if we are able to meet together a few months from now.
- If you’re unsure, that’s ok! Please submit the form anyway. “Maybe” is always an option.
- Because this process is unlike any other new season with MYC, we want to share a rough timeline of next steps so you have an idea of what’s coming next and when you can expect to learn more from us:
- Collect intention response forms from current MYC singers
- Continue evaluating rehearsal and education scenarios through public health lens and venue availability
- Determine best possible scenario and share with MYC singers and families
- Communicate tuition and rehearsal/class schedule/options
- Hold auditions for new singers if chosen scenario allows (attention siblings and interested friends!)
- First rehearsals of 2020-21 season!
- Fall sessions of introductory choir begin
We hope you’re as excited as we are to contemplate being together in the same room again. In order for that to happen, many things need to fall into place but we choose to remain hopeful and part of being hopeful is making a good plan! Thanks for helping us do that by returning the Google form at your earliest convenience, by June 30 if possible. Remember--this is not a commitment but simply a way for us to start measuring our capacity by measuring your interest in returning.