1. Thou shall not brag or be a talking resume. They are often referred to as a##holes.
2. Thou shall not descend on directors, agents, and producers and talk shop or ask for a job unless they initiate the topic.
3. Thou shall get to know people in the business as human beings and not as a prey to be trapped and cornered.
4. Thou shall remember that people like to work with friends and colleagues whom they trust and enjoy being around.
5. Thou shall remember that human qualities that connect one person with another make for a lasting relationship.
6. Thou shall remember that you are not your job but what you do when you are not recording.
7. Thou shall not write about auditions and jobs on social networking sites until the job has aired or permission to print or air the information has been granted.
8. Thou shall refer colleagues to jobs and they shall repay the favor.
9. Thou shall not write long emails. The longer the email, the slower the response.
10. Thou shall always leave a positive impression and follow up in an appropriate manner during business hours.
Follow these Golden Rules and you will build your business and make every experience a good one for all concerned. It will serve you well in the long run.