I'm so looking forward to our concert this Sunday. It's been a great first semester...and you can make Sunday's concert a wonderful culmination of our work if you spend a little extra time this week getting prepared.
Things to do:
(1) Stravinsky: Review the Russian. Speak it in rhythm. Work for speed.
(2) Review your memory for the Persichetti. Knowing which "chunk" is coming next is the tricky part.
(3) Review your memory for the Beethoven. Pay careful attention to the two solo sections and the ending section.
(4) Review memory for The Roadside Fire.
(4) Make sure you have Apple-Tree Wassail memorized and look over Jingle Bells.
(6) Put your music in order (just in case)
- The Roadside Fire
- Song of Peace
- Apple-Tree Wassail
- Jingle, Bells
Remember to come in your full concert dress on Sunday and bring a dinner/snack to eat quickly backstage. You'll have some downtime to eat, but there isn't time to leave and come back.
Thanks and see you Sunday!