Hello, Wonderful MYC Enthusiasts!
It's been a very quick eight weeks since our final Weekly of last season and we hope your Thursdays (without the Weekly Notes) have been full of joy and all manner of healthy summery excursions and discoveries. We've missed you!
Are you ready for some exciting updates?
Let's do this in a larger font, shall we?
MYC will be reuniting singers in virtual ensembles this fall starting the first weekend of October!
That's only about six weeks away and we can hardly wait to get started.
We know you probably have a million questions and we're happy to answer all of them. Here are the quick updates:
- Our virtual fall session will be ten weeks long from October 4 - December 13
- Ensembles will meet together weekly at a scheduled time via Zoom for 30-75 minutes with their conductor
- We are still finalizing the details, but you can expect that most, if not all ensembles, will be meeting on Sunday afternoon or evening.
- Invitations to register for the fall session will be sent to returning families soon--hopefully by the end of next week
- Tuition for the fall session will be a flat fee for all singers regardless of their ensemble and the same opportunities for tuition support or proposing a payment plan remain in place.
- This is how we are proceeding for the fall semester--second semester plans will emerge and be shared when we have a better understanding of what's possible.
We'll have more details in the registration invitations going out next week. In the mean time, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
We're really looking forward to being together again even though it's not in the way we've been hoping for. When we learned that being together as a choir in the same room this fall, would not be possible, we knew we wanted to still come together to keep exploring the big ideas and creating community together even though it would need to be over a screen.
As much as we are excited to be embarking on this new way of being together, it will be a shift for us and comes with a financial impact. Like every other arts organization on the planet, we are facing a financial puzzle whose pieces keep changing shape. For the short term, and concurrent with creating a new way of engaging with our students, everyone on staff is sharing in salary cuts so we can stay afloat. For the long term, we are hopeful we can weather the pandemic and keep our MYC community intact to enjoy the celebrations on the other side--we do have so much to look forward to! And we know we are not alone. We know you are all in a similar vortex of competing emotions as our daily work presents so many new unknowns to unravel. We hope the idea of having MYC to look forward to on a weekly basis in October is happy news in your household today--it's what we are most looking forward to this fall!
Thanks for reading to the end and thanks for being part of the MYC community! We look forward to sharing more next week.